This tutorial will show you how to add a chatbox to your forum (aka. chatrooms, chat, shoutbox)
1. Go to Forum Admin
2. Click On Appearance
3. Click On Sidebar
4. Select the 'Custom HTML' Widget from the drop-down menu.
5. The Custom HTML Widget appears at the bottom of the list of Sidebar Widgets.
Click on it and drag it to the top.
Click on Save Layout - a blue notice should appear to show that your save was successful.
6.Click on 'View Forum' at the top-left and you will see the Custom HTMLWidget at the top of your sidebar, although it will be blank.
7. Head over to www.chatango.com and sign up. I'm not showing how to do this...
8. Once you've logged in, you'll see this :
Click on 'Add Group chat To Your Webpage' at the top.
9.Fill in the options to suit your needs. I recommend the narrow width tofit the default sidebar width, although if you have a wider sidebar youcan suit yourself.
Once you've customised your chatbox, click on 'Continue'
10.You will be presented with a list of sites you can embed your box into,and also a box full of HTML. Select the HTML code and copy it into yourclipboard.
11. Go back to your forum, and open your sidebar options in the Forum Admin section as you did before.
Click on the Custom HTML Widget to bring up the HTML box :
12. Click in the large HTML Code box and paste in your HTML from the Chatango site.
Give your chatbox a suitable name and click 'Save.'
13. Click On 'View Forum' in the top left, and behold, your new chatbox :
Questions or Comments on this article? Send us an email.